I posted a few weeks ago about the $520K grant awarded to Bucknell by the Mellon Foundation. Here are some additional details on how the grant money will be used to strengthen environmental studies and GIS integration across the university. From the Library & IT Matters newsletter:
- Up to twelve faculty members will receive $400 to participate in either a 4-day (intro) or 2-day (advanced) summer GIS workshop. Click here for more details on the intro and advanced workshops.
- Faculty members may submit requests to receive up to $1,000 to revise a course to include GIS ($5,000 total)
- Four student researchers will be provided with summer research funding to conduct research projects involving GIS technology
- Funds will be available to support consultants and student workers to create new maps or to develop new datasets for use by faculty in integrating GIS for their curriculum and courses
- Additionally we have support to help with the acquisition of data which can only be obtained through purchasing data sets or through membership in consortia which provide access to proprietary datasets
Contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at x. 1990 if you are interested in any of the options listed above.