If you are a second semester senior looking for a full-time job or a returning student considering summer internship options, check out the links below from the ESRI newsletter for students and recent graduates.If you don’t already know, ESRI is more or less the Microsoft of the GIS world. Having an ESRI job or internship on your resume will open a lot of doors for you in the GIS world. Having worked at ESRI’s Philadelphia regional office for a number of years I can tell you from first hand experience that ESRI is an incredibly exciting, challenging and rewarding place to work (whether you are at the mothership in Redlands or any one of the many regional offices).
Read through the info below and/or set up an appointment to talk with me about GIS job options.
Students looking for an opportunity to earn while they learn are invited to check out Esri’s summer programs.
- The Internship Program provides students with personal and professional development skills as they are mentored by staff from all disciplines. We will have more than 60 interns this summer, primarily in software and product development, professional services, and support, but interns are placed throughout the company. Check your major and see where you might fit, and then learn what former interns have to say in this video or on the Esri Careers blog.
- Participants in the Student Assistantship Program attend the Esri International User Conference, the ultimate event for anyone working with GIS. In exchange for helping out during the conference, students attend sessions and network with others who share their passion for GIS. Watch a video of former assistants.
Attend an Esri Conference Free
- We are seeking student volunteers to help out at the annual Esri Federal GIS Conference, February 22 – 24, 2012, in Washington, D.C. If selected, you will attend this event for free in exchange for volunteering a day or more of your time. Some of the duties include greeting attendees, working registration, and monitoring sessions. View details [PDF].
Meet Esri Staff at AAG
- If you’re planning on attending the Association of American Geographers (AAG) annual meeting in New York, New York, February 24 – 28, 2012, make time to stop by the Esri booth to meet staff from our software development and industry solutions teams. See a demo of our latest software and learn what it’s like to be part of the Esri team. We’ll also have a booth in the Jobs in Geography Center.
Career Opportunities for New Grads
- Graduating soon? There’s no better way to start your career than with a world-leading software development company. Esri offers a number of opportunities for new grads such as programmers, product engineers, support analysts, test engineers, and geospatial analysts.
- Qualifications for these positions vary, but in general, we are seeking graduates with degrees in GIS, geography, computer science, computer engineering, or related fields. Learn where you might fit at Esri, and then search our current openings.